Experienced Online Divorce
Virtual, online divorce mediation is a collaborative, family-centered process. Our attorneys meet remotely with a divorcing couple to help them reach a mutual agreement for the terms of their divorce, separation, or post-divorce dispute.
Berner Law & Mediation Group is a leader in NY and NJ divorce mediation. Founder Adam Berner has trained and taught attorneys and judges in the art and practice of mediation for more than 20 years. Our team of attorneys, with a combined 60 years of experience, focus on creating a constructive environment that addresses the needs and concerns of all family members.
Our online mediation services apply the same collaborative process with the convenience of meeting remotely. Whether you as a couple come together or join us from separate locations, we utilize technology to foster face-to-face interaction, share documents, and create mutual understanding.
How Does Online Divorce Mediation Work?
From the first steps to a finalized divorce agreement, Berner Law & Mediation Group has an established framework to guide you through the entire process online. We walk you through deciding:
- Parenting arrangements
- Child support
- Property distribution
- Tax considerations
We meet with you remotely starting with an initial, no-obligation consultation. Our online mediation process can be completed through several virtual sessions, which requires a mere fraction of the time and money required for a typical, litigated divorce.
With the help of the mediator, the couple begins by discussing each spouse’s concerns and interests. They gather any necessary information and determine criteria for making decisions. Step by step, the couple, having a chance to be fully heard, and to listen to each other, decides on the type of agreement they seek. The goal is to find a win-win result; a comprehensive settlement good for both spouses and their children.
Once all the outstanding issues are resolved and a tentative agreement has been reached, that understanding will be written into a formal, binding legal agreement. It is recommended that before the final agreement is signed, each party consult an independent attorney to review the mediated agreement. At the clients’ request, we can provide a list of appropriately skilled mediation-friendly attorneys who can help their client understand the law and make informed agreements.
Benefits of Online Divorce Mediation
- Cost Effective – Online mediation costs a fraction of the expense of a typical, litigated divorce process. Rather than each party paying for separate attorneys, both parties pay one mediator.
- Convenient – Our attorneys work with your schedule and unique family needs – without the hassle of travel time – allowing you to move forward with your life more quickly and easily.
- Simple – One of our team members will ensure that you are comfortable with our online platform, which is very easy to use.
- Constructive – Rather than a destructive battle in court, we offer a safe space to resolve differences that minimizes the financial, psychological, and emotional consequences of divorce.
- Legally Accepted – Together, we create a win-win settlement agreement that both parties feel satisfied with. The signed agreement is a binding legal contract that is accepted by the court system.
- Focused on the Future – Rather than setting up an adversarial relationship moving forward, we work to rebuild a safe space with mutual understanding that results in less post-divorce litigation.
- Family Centered – We help resolve conflict and guide the family to what’s most important – the wellbeing of the children and their parents.